Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Love, Laugh, Dream: A Tribute to My Mom

I couldn't help but think of my mom today, it would have been her 48th birthday. She had more love in here little finger than most people have in their entire body. She taught by example by not judging and accepting everyone for who they were. She was all about being a good person, not showing off what a good person she was. I have found myself missing her more since I became a mom myself. She would have adored her grandchildren and spoiled them rotten! I know that she is my guardian angel and is with me whenever my spirit needs to be lifted. She was an amazing woman and left a legacy of love and laughter. I love and miss you mom!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now before I grew up I saw you on a cloud
And I could bless myself in your name
And pat you on your wings
And before I grew up I heard you whisper so loud
Well life is hard and so is love
Child, believe in all these things

-Lori McKenna, Fireflies

3 comments:

Katie said...

I miss mom too She. How lucky were we to have such an amazing mom? Don't worry, I took some flowers and a D.P. to the cemetary this evening :)

Krissey said...

Hey Sheila! I'm so glad i found your blog. So in the last few eeks I've learned that it's the new thing... blogging. I've learned I'm like the only one not in on the blogging, maybe I'll get something going one day. Anyway, I also remember what an amazing mom you had. She was a friend to all and loved everyone. I still remember her always calling me Krissey friend. She will always be remembered.
I hope we can keep in better touch this way and that I can see your darling family keep growing!

we share: said...

I just wanted to say how much I loved looking at the pictues of your mom. that was so neat of Katie to do that. I remember what a talented artist she was and wore my "dance around the world" shirt until it was threadbare. I am sorry you have to miss her and I know she must be watching over you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...