Sunday, October 7, 2007

In Memory of Brad Winchester

My uncle, Brad Winchester, was killed in a motorcycle accident October 3rd, 2007. He was an astonishing man and will be remembered forever. I looked forward to his visits because it meant I would have the opportunity to engage him in conversation. He was so intelligent and well spoken. It didn't matter what the subject matter was; politics, current events, world history, or literature; the discussion was always intriguing. He was well informed and had an educated opinion on any topic you could come up with. Even though I was his young niece, he always spoke to me as an equal and wanted to hear my views on the world. If uncle Brad was around he was sure to be shoving a video camera in your face while attempting to get some sort of compelling banter going. Who could forget the trip to Lake Powell? Not me, I recall a fish bone being removed from his foot. LOL. I guess you would have had to of been there:) The last time he visited I remember he conversed with Tony for hours about motorcycles, I'm not exaggerating. He had a deep-seated passion for riding and died doing what he loved best. He was a patriot through and through and thrived on helping others. He left behind a magnificent legacy. Here's to you Brad! May we continue the work, service, and love you so valiantly spread. Love, your niece.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Speaking of well spoken, that was a beautiful sentiment Sheila. Although I do believe you have one thing wrong. It wasn't a fish hook, but rather an actual bone. I think it was the dorsel (sp?) fin? LOL! We will always have great memories of uncle Brad and I am proud to be his niece :)

Loni said...

So great to see your cute blog Sheila, I will add you to the families and to my own. I agree with Katie, you are also very well spoken. I love the memory of the dorsal fin and uncle brad. Weren't we all upstairs and just heard him saying, "Oh no!" or something? Then he came down and calmly asked my dad to turn the generator on. It would be so great if we could find that video footage. I wish I could have seen him this summer. He was a good man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...