
Glimpses of You
A vow to abide in the now
Is haunted by you
The past penetrates my present
Plaguing my vision with “what-ifs”
A broken pledge to myself
An intrusion on my normalcy
A halted memory
…creased by my humanity
A casualty of my callousness
An infliction of responsibility
I clutch onto glimpses of you…
Your dazzling elegance
Your luminous laugh
Your radiant warmth
…and I grin
A juxtaposition of bliss and sorrow
I still miss you… 13 years later
Just promise me that
Your wounds have healed
And you wear what you have earned
A smile and wings
…and fly! Soar!
4 comments:
That was beautiful my dear. You brought tears to my eyes. I love you.
There are no words She. Beautiful. *wandering off to find some tissue*
Your mom was so beautiful and her beauty lives on in you. I've heard your stories about her and her gentle spirit. It's nice to have a face to attach to the stories and memories that you share of her life.
I miss her too, for you...
Post a Comment