Monday, May 19, 2008

Six Sensational Years


Tony and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary yesterday. He truly swept me off my feet in the winter of 2001. The man worships the ground I walk on and never fails to make me feel gorgeous and loved. In honor of yesterday I thought I'd post the first poem I wrote for him. I gave this poem to Tony the first Christmas we spent together as a couple in 2001, about a week before we were engaged.

A Memorized Sincerity

A tiny spark
now a flame
flickering...
with a new hope of happiness

The soft reflection of the
falling snow
with the moonlight spilling in
creates a mood
caught by our eyes
saying so much
using no words
melting into mush
flustering each other

Being draped in a moment
where nothing is forgotten
but memorized
with all the sincerity
you radiate
it's fun getting
lost in that look of yours
knowing exactly where I am
no longer searching
in all the wrong places

In your arms
I capture all the beauty
the situation has to offer
and I don't want it to end
I could get use to this

5 comments:

Katie said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope you guys had a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

You are the most wonderful and beautiful woman. I don't deserve you but I'm sure glad I have you. You make everything so worth it.
I lover you.

Petersens said...

That was beutiful Shiela!!! That is so great that you have been married 6 years and are still going strong!!!!

Anonymous said...

The absolute love in your poem is mirrored by the beauty of your soul.

Kaleena said...

Happy anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...