As of right now, I have 5 more days to meander through before waking up to do something that little boys often dream of and most grown men are too scared to do. Reach 135 mph before grabbing a handful of brake bringing her back down to 85 mph just before setting my line, leaning left with body hanging off, and stretching my leg out so my knee touches the tarmac and glides along the bumps. The feeling of being so close to the ground while it whooshes by is the most exhilarating and heart pumping action. Slowly I bring the bike back up and twist my wrist to bring it back up to the fastest speed I can reach before diving into the next corner.If you can't tell yet, I'm heading to world famous Miller Motor Sports Park on April 5th to partake in my first ever track day. The day will consist of class room instruction and 7 track sessions to learn hands on how to race and ride correctly on the track.I have ridden on the road for years carving canyons and hoping there isn't a cop around that next turn. But now I get to focus on high speeds and control without having to worry about obstacles such as cars and trees.Hopefully come April 6th I will be posting about how much fun track day was and how I was so good that I was convinced to go for my racers license on the next track day. My hopes are high but I'm not really expecting that. But who knows? Racing is what I ultimately want to do and after a few of these days i will be able to have a good feel if I should go for it or not. I will surely let you all know.Here are some pics of my bike all dressed up and set up for the track.



1 comment:
You'll shoot your eye out! Haha... really though, please be safe for my sisters sake and my sweet niece and nephew, or I will have to kick your arse ;)
Post a Comment