Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stupid Broken Toe

Wednesday evening I intended to gracefully saunter down the stairs after giving Brady a bath. My intentions were halted when out of the blue my dog darted in front of me. I tripped over her and plummeted down the staircase... every single step. I tried my best to stop myself but my attempts only resulted in carpet burn up and down my entire right arm. Consequently I broke my toe. Who breaks their toe falling down stairs? For the next 2-6 weeks I must say farewell to my high-heeled footwear. I was shocked to realize that I only owned 2 pairs of shoes that did not have heels, and they were both tennis shoes. Imagine Thursday morning when I woke up to realize that I couldn't wear heels to work on a dress up day and I didn’t possess one pair of flat dress shoes. Visualize me showing up to work in nice dress slacks, a blazer, and… tennis shoes gimping around. I had to purchase a pair of comfy ballet flats (pictured below) to wear for the next few weeks.

They are super cute but I‘m already pining for my heels. I may need to join a support group for high-heel withdrawals. On a side note: my toe hurts, it looks completely disgusting, and it is utterly annoying.

4 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

The answer is simple...you are a Winchester and Winchesters tend to be a bit accident prone. You fall down the stairs and break your toe, I trip over myself and break my foot and sprain my ankle, Mitch breaks his hip while running... it's all in the genes babe. On another note, those are beautiful shoes, but the deranged part of me was hoping to see a pic of your toe...lol ;)

Katie said...

No prob! I had a feeling you'd like this one ;) You need to show me how to get the thingy behind the pictures.

Petersens said...

I totally understand. I got bursitis a couple weeks ago and had to do the same. The only flats I had were my running shoes and flip flops. I opted for flip flops, even for church and my daughter was laughing at me. Oh well. Thankfully to say I am now back in the heels and it feels great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...