

Last week Alex’s school had a “Decades Day”. Alex decided to dress from the 80’s and put a modern twist on it. The pictures speak for themselves; she looked incredibly awesome. You may notice that she has approximately 10 inches of hair missing. She got a haircut and donated her tendrils to Locks of Love. I LOVE the style of her hair. It fits her punk personality perfectly. The other day when I picked her up from play practice she told me that she and her friends saw some cute boys and decided to give them nicknames. I had to laugh. Why? Because my friends and I did the exact same thing when we were in 7th grade. I went home and brushed off the dust from my 1995-1996 journals to reminisce what clever handles we selected for our crushes. Warning: If you weren’t one of my friends in 7th grade the remaining information in this post will not be in the least bit compelling or make any sense whatsoever. (Charlyn, Heather, and Krissey should get a kick out of this.) There was Blondie, Hair Boy, Kilometer, and… (drum roll please)…. Hot Fudge Sunday! Yes, Hot Fudge had all of us swooning. We even developed a logo for him. All I can say is the times change but girls will always be girls.
3 comments:
I love Alex's hair! Alex, you rock girl!!!
Hahaha... I think I know EXACTLY who Hot Fudge Sunday is ;) Kelly and I had nicknames for all the guys in our 4th grade class and Chaya and I had code names for our 9th grade crushes. The 9th grade code names were not nearly as clever as yours though. Although I clearly remember one of the guys in our 4th grade class getting the nickname "carrot up his butt"... kids can be so cruel...lol.
Oh She, that's so funny. I completely forgot about those nicknames. Girls can be so weird sometimes. Alex's hair is so fun. I love her new hair do.
Who could ever forget about Hot Fudge Sunday with Nuts??? We were such dorks but I must say fun dorks. That is so cool that you get to go through all this with her. Way to go Sheila
Post a Comment