I wanted to take time and pay tribute to a remarkable man, Martin Luther King Jr. His words were always so awe-inspiring. Below are a few of my favorite quotes of his:“Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.”
“I believe the unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant”.
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
“Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.”
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
I was extremely blessed to have a mother that taught me to sincerely care. She taught me to never judge a person by the color of their skin or what church they did or did not attend. How many relationships and experiences I would have missed out on if I had been prejudice. It deeply saddens me that discrimination still exists. How much we could all ascertain if we took a step back and got to know each other for the content of our souls.
1 comment:
Amen sister! I have always looked up to MLK. He truly was an inspiration and many wonderful and important lessons can be learned from him. I'm glad for our parent's wonderful examples as well. We were, and are, truly blessed.
Post a Comment